Presbyters gathered for a stated meeting of the presbytery on Tuesday September 10th at Parsippany Presbyterian Church… In addition to fellowship time including lovely snacks provided by the host church, presbyters engaged in worship, learning and work… Highlights of the meeting included:
- Rev. David Young was installed as vice moderator of the presbytery
- Rev. Bob Armstrong presented a learning component on the missional practices developing habits which form us and influence our ministry in the world. He also offered the sermon during worship.
- The PCT presented a report which included a first read of the budget as well as setting of the per capita rate for 2020. (link to documents?)
- The stated clerk presented a report on the progress and set up of the cemetery association. This project necessitated the creation of the presbytery of newton corporation trustees which was approved at this meeting. Stay tuned for more information in November.
- COM presented the Clergy Renewal Leave police for second reading.
- A video highlighting the missional practices and sharing stories from our congregation.
- Rev. Carie Morgan, pastor of First Presbyterian Church of Succasunna, shared about her congregations decision to become an Earth Care Congregation and how that has helped renew energy for them as well as helped care for creation.
- Rev. Barbara Aspinall, chair of nominating, shared the application process for 2020 GA commissioners and Youth Advisory Delegate.
- Rev. Chris Doyle updated presbyters on his D.Min research project focusing on GenX and the church. He asked presbyters to point people born between 1965 and 1975 to a survey which can be found here.