From time to time we highlight one of our congregations for a weekly prayer. This week let us remember in prayer The Presbyterian Church in Madison.
The Presbyterian Church in Madison is the oldest congregation in Madison, New Jersey. The first English-speaking settlers came to the area about 1730; they were Presbyterians and traveled to church in Whippany. Worshippers from Chatham Township, which included the village of “Bottle Hill”, formed their own congregation in 1747 under the leadership of the Reverend Azariah Horton.
The Presbytery Church of Madison has a clear vision: To see lives transformed, families strengthened, and our community renewed through intentional relationship with Jesus Christ.
The ministries of the church include partnering in several local projects including Interfaith Food Pantry, Madison Community Garden, Homeless Solutions, Meals on Wheels, End Hunger 3.6, the Madison Eagle Christmas Fund, Sleep Out for Covenant House, St. Baldricks’, JAG Junior Fund, Christmas Joy Offering, One Great Hour of Sharing, Pentecost Offering and the Peace and Global Witness Offering.
The Leadership Team includes Scott Foster, Pastor; Patrick Allred, Director of Family Ministries: Anna D’Achille, Director of Musicial Arts; Mike Callahan, Student Ministries & Outreach; Cathy Baillie, Office Assistant; Louise Kacerek, Treasurer and Carmen Palumbo, Jr., Sexton, along with the session and deacons members.